Due to the increase of COVID cases in the state, the administrative bishop for the Churches of God in WNC has recommended that all local churches offer online services only for the next few weeks. We will be monitoring the situation daily and will make decisions for upcoming services accordingly. Check the Harvest Hills website and Facebook page for updated information. Until then, please take advantage of the following opportunities.
1) Sunday Worship: 11:00 AM, via live stream. We encourage you to join us for this weekly service. Following the service, the recording will be uploaded to the church website for future access. If you missed one of our services, you may access the video archives here or the Harvest Hills Facebook page.
2) LIFE Sessions: This mid-week Bible study is taught by Dr. Morris on Wednesdays at 7:00 PM, via live stream.
3) Zoom Meetings: The following groups currently meet via Zoom: Rooted Young Adult, each Saturday, 7:00 PM; Frontline Youth, each Wednesday, 7:00 PM; and Children, each Thursday, 7:00 PM; Adult Bible Study, each Monday, 7:00 PM.
Tithe & Offerings: You may continue to give per the following: 1) Online at www.harvesthills.com; 2) The church office during business hours; or 3) By standard mail. The church’s financial responsibilities continue even in times of crisis, your contributions are most appreciated.
Returning to In-House Worship: We will begin with a Sunday 11:00 AM service only. The precautions we ask you to take are based on biblical principles. Jesus taught us to love the Lord first and then to love our neighbor. Paul wrote that in the church, there should be “harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other.” Our plan of action is based on love and caring for one another. Some of the guidelines may seem unnecessary; however, the sole purpose is the health and well-being of our church family. We ask that you show patience during this time. This is a complex issue with many factors to be considered. Let each of us be a witness for Christ by allowing His love and grace to shine through our lives to each other. When we return to in-house worship, those who attend will be committing to observe the following guidelines:
- We ask that high-risk individuals, those experiencing flu-like symptoms, and those who feel they cannot observe the guidelines to remain at home and join our service via live stream.
- Sunday AM worship service will be in the Sanctuary only (no small groups or classes in-house).
- The parking area and entrance on the left side of the building will be closed, all attendees will park and enter the building on the portico side of the church.
- Upon entering the campus, please drive immediately to the portico. At the portico, while remaining in the vehicle, temperatures will be checked with a laser thermometer, which takes about 15 seconds. Anyone with a fever of 101 or higher will be asked to return home until the fever diminishes. Also, each person will be asked three (3) questions regarding symptoms.
- Sanctuary seating will be set up per CDC guidelines (6 feet distancing).
- Social distancing (6 feet between individuals) will be practiced, with no physical contact.
- Masks will be worn to and from the automobile, as well as inside the church (disposable masks will be available upon request).
- Hand sanitizer will be available at strategic locations throughout the building.
- Door handles and bathrooms will be sanitized before each service with medical grade disinfectants.
- A record of all in attendance will be kept to ensure the safety of everyone.
- Parishioners will be dismissed one row at a time and immediately exit the building via the two doors in front of the building . There will be no gathering in the foyer.
We will continue to access and share information in a timely manner.