As you know, in moving beyond the current COVID-19 restrictions, North Carolina is utilizing a three-phased approach. Phase 2 began on Friday, May 22. The pastor and church elders met on Saturday, May 23, to discuss and develop a plan to move forward. The resulting decisions and guidelines were based on several criteria: 1) Recommendations from our denominational leadership; 2) Recommendations from the State of NC; 3) Recommendations from the City of Burlington; and 4) The specific needs of Harvest Hills. Based on these criteria, a tentative return to in-house worship services is planned for Sunday, June 28, 2020, at 11:00 AM. We will begin with a soft opening and move forward accordingly.
1) Sunday Worship: 11:00 AM, via live stream. We encourage you to join us for this weekly service. Following the service, the recording will be uploaded to the church website for future access. If you missed one of our services, you may access the video archives here or the Harvest Hills Facebook page.
2) LIFE Sessions: This mid-week Bible study is taught by Dr. Morris on Wednesdays at 7:00 PM, via live stream.
4) Zoom Meetings: The following groups currently meet via Zoom: Rooted Young Adult, each Saturday, 7:00 PM; Frontline Youth, each Wednesday, 7:00 PM; and Children, each Thursday, 7:00 PM; Adult Bible Study, each Monday, 7:00 PM.
5) Outdoor Worship Service CANCELED: Due to the recent increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in Alamance County, as well as a local pastor testing positive for COVID-19, Harvest Hills has canceled the outdoor worship service scheduled for Saturday, June 6, at 6:00 PM. Our tentative date to resume in-house worship services is Sunday, June 28. Please know that all decisions regarding worship services are made to ensure the health and well-being of our church family.
Tithe & Offerings: You may continue to give per the following: 1) Online at www.harvesthills.com; 2) The church office during business hours; or 3) By standard mail. The church’s financial responsibilities continue even in times of crisis, your contributions are most appreciated.
When indoor worship services begin, everyone will be responsible for observing the following guidelines:
- No handshakes or hugs.
- Leave 6 feet between families (leave two open chairs between your family and the next).
- We will skip every other row.
- Everyone in masks and using hand sanitizer.
- Ushers and finance committee will wear gloves when dealing with opening doors for all in attendance or dealing with the tithes/offering.
- We will replace the air filters after every indoor service
- High risk individuals encouraged to stay home and join the online service.
- We will sanitize seats, door handles, and bathrooms after service with Lysol/Clorox and medical grade disinfectants.
- Everyone will meet in the Sanctuary.
- Roll will be taken to ensure safety of all in attendance.
We will continue to access and share information in a timely manner.